Friday, April 8, 2011

Spring Break

Okay so spring break was absolutley amazing! The cruise ship was top of the line five star for sure. Each place we went to was life changing! We went to Hait first and it was soo pretty, really windy that day so it didnt feel too hot which was good! W only had about three hours there so we just layed out on the beach. Then we had a day at sea on the ship, and believe it or not I surfed on a thing on the shop called the wave runner! It is allot like wakeboarding but like surfing it was really fun! I wiped out really bad, dont worry I go it on video.Next we went to Jamaica where we went zip lining, bob sledding, and we climed Duns falls which was awesome! We also had a taxi driver the whole day and his name was Owen. Owen had a very approachable and sweet attitude about everything. He had an sad but moving story. Of course he wanted money but he was trying to jip us off by telling us his story. After we warmed up to him, and we had spent almost the whole day with him, he was telling us how he lives in a box probably 14 x14, and that is how most Jamaican middle class live, and once they get more money they add on to their house with cement blocks. He loves to cook, and he is not married. His life was very intersting to me just becasue it made me think of how fortunate I am to live in America. He also introduced Mer and I to Reagge music which I love love love. He gave me a cd for free just because I loved it so much. At the end of the day, I dont think I could ever forget my experiance in Jamaica.

No comments:

Post a Comment