Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The crazy teenage drivers that think they are cool...

“The presence of peers activated the reward circuitry in the brain of adolescents that it didn’t do in the case of adults,” said Laurence Steinberg. I think that statement is interesting because I can relate and admit that I drive faster and less aware when i have my freinds in the car with me. The music is always louder and i am less focused on the road. Dr. Steinbarker says that the brain system involved in reward processing is also involved in the processing of social information, explaining why peers can have such a pronounced effect on decision making.I guess he is just trying to say that when your peers are with you, you are more likely to be a daring individual rather than if you were by yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment