Monday, February 14, 2011

Jane Eyre and Miss Lonely Heartsnpages 1-75

In English class we are reading a book called Jane Eyre, and right now it has a ton of description in it, almost too much and I am not too fond of it so far but we will see how it goes. I started a new book, a different kind of book but I dont know if I will keep reading it so we will see. It is called Miss Lonely Hearts and it starts off with a man that works at the new york post as a columist, and he is under the name "Miss Lonely Hearts". His editor, a cynical old man named Shrike, had printed out a mocking prayer comparing Miss Lonely Heart to Jesus? Miss Lonely Heart recieves all of these letters from people that have crisis in there lives, and only know that Christ is the answer, and he is sick of Shrike mocking him in his prayers. Shrike makes fun of him for only loving Jesus.

So far the book is not as good as a planned, and for some reason the religious book have been a hot topic for me latley. No problem with that.

1 comment:

  1. This is a nice personal blog, but the independent reading is not happening the way it needs to yet. Books for other classes don't count--Jane Eyre, for example--because I want this class to be about self-directed reading. Logs need to be a little more frequent, too. Let me know if you need help or have questions.

    ReplyDelete