Saturday, March 12, 2011

The thirteenth Tale first pages 1-40

The narrator, Mitch Albom gives a brief introductory explaining his weekly meeting each tuesday with Morrie which is his former college prof. The meeting were at Mories house where they watched pink hibiscus plant shead his leaves. In his words it kind of implies that we should pay close attention to the hibiscus plant because I have a feeling it will play a role in the story later on. I some sort of flash back, Mitch remebers his graduation from college in 1979. In the flashback, mitch sees when he got his diploma handed to him and he introduced his parents to this favorite prof Morie. Before mitch leaves he presesnts Morie with a breif case that has his initails engraved into it. He wanted to give him a gift so that he would never forget him, and as Mitch is leaving, he turns and sees that Morie is crying.
In my opionion I think this is one of those books that will get better as I read along. It is almost dry right now but I have a feeling it will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment